Los Barrios Unidos Community Clinic’s decades of success can be attributed to working collaboratively.
LBUCC has close ties with a number of excellent local organizations providing a myriad of critical services for our patients including:
- Parkland Health & Hospital System for patient referrals to specialists, infant deliveries and numerous special programs;
- Methodist Health System for infant deliveries;
- Dallas Metrocare Services with whom LBUCC is working on a number of shared services arrangements;
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center whose medical residents receive training in LBUCC’s Pediatric Department. Patients benefit from their care and that of UTSW faculty physicians;
- Children’s Health for patient referrals to specialists and a special program centered on their high-risk asthma initiative;
- Family Care Connection and their volunteer Social Work professionals who provide patients with special classes and case management services;
- D/FW Area Health Education Center and their workforce development programs;
- The Urban Inter-Tribal Center of Texas whose WIC program is managed by LBUCC,
- Prism Health North Texas with whom the organization collaborates on HIV screening, education and treatment, and
- Homeward Bound, Inc. for comprehensive substance abuse treatment and services.