You can get in-person or telephone assistance at Los Barrios Unidos Community Clinic for the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) Open Enrollment period.
- Our Certified Application Counselors (CACs) are available at the following times and locations:
Los Barrios Unidos Community Clinic: 3111 Sylvan Avenue, Dallas, 75212-Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. – 4 p.m., Saturday 8 am – 12:00 p.m.
LBU Health Center: 4732 W. Illinois Avenue, Dallas, 75211-Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
2019 Open Enrollment runs from November 1, 2018 through December 15, 2018.
- Plans sold during Open Enrollment start January 1, 2019.
- After December 15, you may be able to enroll in 2019 health insurance if you qualify and if there is a Special Enrollment Period. Check out our website or Facebook page to see if there is a special enrollment period.
The Health Insurance Marketplace is for people who don’t have health coverage or want to change/update coverage.
- If you don’t have health insurance through a job, Medicare, Medicaid, the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), or another source that provides qualifying health coverage, the Marketplace can help you get covered.
- If you have job-based insurance: You can buy a plan through the Marketplace, but you’ll pay full price unless your employer’s insurance doesn’t meet certain standards. Most job-based plans do meet the standards.
- If you have Medicare: You can’t switch to Marketplace insurance, supplement your coverage with a Marketplace plan, or buy a Marketplace dental plan.
- If you want assistance re-enrolling, please drop by.
What you pay for insurance depends on your income – and you’ll probably save money.
- Your savings depend on your expected household income for the year. Over 8 in 10 people who apply are eligible to save, and most can find plans for $50 to $100 per month (after accounting for savings).
- Based on your income estimate, we’ll tell you if you qualify for a health insurance plan with savings based on your income.
- You may qualify for a premium tax credit that lowers your monthly insurance bill, and for extra savings on out-of-pocket costs like deductibles and copayments.
- The plans are offered by private insurance companies with a range of prices and features.
Medicaid and the Children’s Health Insurance Program. (CHIP)
- Medicaid and CHIP provide free or low-cost coverage to millions of people and families with limited income, disabilities, and some other situations.
Your children may qualify for CHIP even if you don’t qualify for Medicaid.
- Los Barrios Unidos Community Clinic can help you and your children enroll in Medicaid and/or CHIP.
For more information about the ACA, and/or to speak with a Certified Application Counselor, call our main number at (214)540-0300.